My sister-in-laws are a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen. Improv. and extremely functional taste buds, make them the best cooks I know.
my favorite sistersHere is their recipe for fried green tomatoes:
What you will need:
1. Green tomatoes
2. Buffalo Mozzarella
3. Seasoning: Salt, pepper, Tom Douglas chicken seasoning.
4. Fresh basil leaves.
7. Panko, or small bread crumbs.
8. Canola or vegetable oil.
9. Balsamic vinegar
10. Brown Sugar.
1. Pick your greenest tomatoes. If they have started to blush, they will be too soft.
2. Slice them -1/3"
3. Dip both sides in egg.
4. Coat both sides in flour.
5. Dip them in panko or fine bread crumbs.
6. Fry them in canola oil until brown on each side. You want the temperature of the oil to be medium.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper and some Tom Douglas Chicken seasoning on them.
8. Remove from the pan and place on a layer of paper towels to soak up the grease.
9. Place a slice of buffalo mozarella on top (quickly so it melts a little)
10. When you are ready to serve, place a basil leave on top and drizzle with a balsamic reduction.
I followed these directions for the balsamic reduction.
To die for.Pin It