I rarely buy tortilla chips, it's so easy to make your own and nothing can compare.
- Corn Oil (you can also use canola or vegetable oil, I prefer corn oil)
- Corn tortillas
How to make them:
1. Place about an inch and a half of corn oil into a pan and turn the burner on high.
2. Cut your torillas into small wedges, strips, or whatever floats your boat.
3. Place tortillas into the oil. Make sure that none of the chips are on top of one another.
3. Once the bottom of the tortillas turn a hint of brown flip them with tongs.
4. Remove them from the heat once the bottom turns slightly brown again.
5. Place into a bowl or pan that has a few layers of paper towels on the bottom to catch excess oil.
6. Sprinkle with salt.
7. Repeat steps 3-6!
Tip: Try the first batch of chips once they are cool, if you notice they are a little soft but the outside seems well cooked, turn down the oil.
You will never buy store bought tortilla chips again!Pin It